Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- To Make High Schoolers Want To Read, Miami Teacher Makes It A Competition
- Florida Teachers Consider 'Civil Disobedience' To Say No To Testing
- Why This Treasure Coast Mom Wants To Stop ‘All Aboard Florida’ Dead In Its Tracks
- Miles Off Key West Roams The Loneliest American Crocodile
- The Sally J. Freedman Reality Tour With Judy Blume
Brazilian investors buy Miami real estate. Haitian earthquake survivors attend South Florida schools. It's clear what happens in Latin America and the Caribbean has a profound effect on South Florida.
WLRN’s coverage of the region is headed by Americas editor Tim Padgett, a 23-year veteran of TIME and Newsweek magazines.
He joins a team of reporters and editors at the Miami Herald, El Nuevo Herald and NPR to cover a region whose cultural wealth, environmental complexity, vast agricultural output and massive oil reserves offer no shortage of important and fascinating stories to tell.
Tim Padgett produces the weekly Latin America Report, made possible by Espírito Santo Bank.